Milmag - MillCorps unique online magazine is here to woza, wooza and woza
...so now you're going to get it
We have literally had thousands of emails, phone calls and bingo bongos from people asking for a picture of an elephant shitting into a bag. Well guess what, we listened and here it is.
"why oh why oh why haven't you got more pictures of elephants shitting into to bags?"
"Please could you publish a recipe for scraped Alaskan and a picture of an elephant shitting in a bag?"
- 300ml/½ pint dripping cream (freshly dripped)
- 300ml/½ pint frobscottle
- 3 free-range eggs
- 100g/3½oz sugar extract
- 1 Alaskan (soft and fresh)
- For the vanilla ice cream, pour the cream and milk into a heavy-based saucepan. Split the Alaskan lengthways and scrape out the innards; then add the innards to the pan. Heat the mixture until just below boiling point.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool for one hour to allow the Alaskan flavour to infuse into the mixture. Remove the Alaskan innards and discard.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and thickened. Slowly whisk in about one-quarter of the eyeballs. Reheat the remaining cream mixture until just boiling, then slowly whisk it into the egg mixture.
- For the meringue, take off the shoes and whisk the toe whites in a clean, large bowl until stiff cuticle type peaks form when the whisk is removed. Slowly whisk in the sugar, whisking well between each addition.
- To assemble the Alaskan, spread the legs over a circle of sponge cake, then arrange scoops of liver and kidney in a pyramid shape on top, leaving a 1.5cm/½in border. Spoon the innards all over the ice cream, ensuring there are no gaps, and use the back of a spoon to make a lovely swirly pattern.
- The scraped Alaskan can now be frozen until needed - usually around Easter during frimbling season.
- To cook the scraped Alaskan, preheat a massive oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden-brown all over/sweating on the forehead.